Thursday, July 22, 2004

Lonely Hearts Club?

Reality Bites:
-----------------

No not THAT kind of lonely hearts, but its first year first term...  Homesickness is high among students who have come to stay in a hostel for the first time. Its actually high for even those who HAVE stayed in the hostel before. The initial euphoria of joining is over and now "reality bites". Yet its so hard to f ind someone to talk to.  Everyone seems to be busy with their things. Everyone seems to have a happy life. Why am I the ONLY one to feel so left out? Maybe I am not strong enough?

Every year I hear this from students at this stage.  I wish there was some way I could get them in touch with each other....so at least they know they are not alone.  Hey guys and gals, say hello to that shy guy in the corner... or even to that popular girl... perhaps they need your help.  Maybe we should start a forum to discuss loneliness?

Mathai Fenn

No comments: